From: "W. Trevor King" <wking@×××××××.us>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Cc: zmedico@g.o, fuzzyray@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] patch, fix broken seed stage update
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 01:40:36
1 On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 05:30:40PM -0800, Brian Dolbec wrote:
2 > My aim for now is to debug the hell out of it, to stabilize all the
3 > existing changes, BEFORE doing a ton more changes. That will also give
4 > me more experience in how catalyst is used, possibly ideas how to change
5 > it for the better. I'll fix the doc's generation and make a setup.py
6 > and new 9999 ebuild.
7
8 I'm not suggesting additional changes on top of yours, I'm suggesting
9 new ones underneath yours, or alternatives to your current series. It
10 seems a shame to spend time testing a work in progress, since you'll
11 probably want to re-test the final form before merging. I'm trying to
12 help polish your series down before we invest a lot of time testing.
13
14 > Plus I need to focus more on another project needed for the git tree
15 > migration.
16
17 I have no problem waiting on the catalyst front if it helps push the
18 Git migration through. I've been wishing for that for a while :D.
19
20 Instead of making my suggested changes on top of your series, I can
21 also make them underneath your series, and help rebase your series on
22 top. That gets the changes I want in, and lets you focus on other
23 things at the same time ;).
24
25 I'm also ok with just waiting until folks have more time (e.g. the
26 catalyst-spec man page cooked for five months ;).
27
28 Cheers,
29 Trevor
32 This email may be signed or encrypted with GnuPG (http://www.gnupg.org).