From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Cc: zmedico@g.o, fuzzyray@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] patch, fix broken seed stage update
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 01:31:04
1 On Tue, 2013-02-26 at 13:04 -0500, W. Trevor King wrote:
2 > On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 08:47:14AM -0800, Brian Dolbec wrote:
3 > > Also I've rebased everything on current master
4 >
5 > That should make things easier to merge :).
6 >
7 > It looks like some of my earlier comments were addressed by this
8 > reroll, but some are still applicable. Apologies if we'd resolved any
9 > of this earlier and I just missed the reference in my mailbox.
10 >
11 > I map my old comments onto the rebased commits below, but the bulk of
12 > the outstanding suggestions revolve around:
13 >
14 > * ConfigParser-based configuration
15 > * Argparse-based command line parsing
16 > * Logging-based debugging output
17 > * os.path.join(), normpath(), … for path manipulation
18 >
19 > These are mostly “take advantage of Python's standard library”
20 > changes, and I'd be happy to help implement them on top of the current
21 > master if folks feel like that has a chance of getting merged ;).
24 All that is for a TODO list. What I did was rebase my existing changes,
25 merging fixes to the commits that made the change..., fix the commit
26 messages, etc...
27
28 Same with the other things you listed below, mostly for a TODO and your
29 wishlist. Pretty much all I agree with.
32 My aim for now is to debug the hell out of it, to stabilize all the
33 existing changes, BEFORE doing a ton more changes. That will also give
34 me more experience in how catalyst is used, possibly ideas how to change
35 it for the better. I'll fix the doc's generation and make a setup.py
36 and new 9999 ebuild.
37
38 Plus I need to focus more on another project needed for the git tree
39 migration.
42 > Cheers,
43 > Trevor