From: Robert C Corsaro <rcorsaro@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] livecd-stage1 problem
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 15:14:34
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 15:45 -0400, Robert C Corsaro wrote:
3 >> dev-perl/XML-Parser is definitely installed. I'm using the
4 >> release/current stage3 archive for this build. I also tried the 2007.0
5 >> release with no luck. Perhaps I need a newer stage3?
6 >
7 > Well, there's your problem. To try to keep people from screwing this up
8 > even though we've said it repeatedly, I edited the wiki page.
9 >
10 > Also, the wiki is *not* an official source of Gentoo . I wish people
11 > would realize that.
14 I think that the problem is, there is no "official documentation" AFAIK.
15 The catalyst page points to the newbie wiki as the best source of
16 documentation. It was the only path I could find to understanding how
17 to use catalyst. Saying it's not official documentation is fine, but it
18 will still help reduce the amount of questions asked here to try and
19 make it 'right'(which I have no problem doing). I'm sorry if the
20 information I was looking for is written down somewhere and I didn't
21 find it. If it is, perhaps we can add that docs location to the
22 catalyst page. I did search the mailing list archive and didn't see my
23 problem. Maybe I didn't look hard enough? If not, sorry for wasting
24 time. I know it sucks to answer the same question over and over.
25
26 BTW, catalyst is awesome, so thanks to everyone who worked on it.
27 --
28 gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o mailing list