From: Jacques Landru <landru@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Virtual PC
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 07:30:36
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2
3 >On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 14:15 -0500, Kessler, Paul wrote:
6 >>I know this is a bit sick in a way, but has anyone tried running a
7 >>LiveCD build under MS Virtual PC? I have a college professor friend
8 >>that would like to try my build, however when he loads the vpc the iso
9 >>seems to boot just fine up until the desktop loads. After that the
10 >>screen goes crazy. I have never used vpc so I’m not really even sure
11 >>where to start. Any suggestions?
15 >VMWare Player... :P
16 >
17 >I would suspect Virtual PC is doing something funky with regards to the
18 >video that the LiveCD isn't understanding. Unfortunately, Virtual PC
19 >doesn't exactly run on Linux, so you definitely won't be able to get any
20 >help from me on it.
24 In the same way
25 I use QEMU to test my gentoo "catalysted" livecds
26 - under Windows
27 > cd /path/to/qemu
28 > net start kqemu
29 > qemu -L . -cdrom "x:/path/to/my-livecd/gentoo.iso" -boot d -m 512
30 - under linux
31 $ modprobe kqemu
32 $ qemu -cdrom "/path/to/my-livecd/gentoo.iso" -boot d -k fr -m 512
33 Note
34 - under linux you have to set -k "your keyboard country" in the
35 command line, and launch "gentoo dokeymap" when starting the livecd in
36 the virtual machine to correctly set your keyboard.
37 - under windows the "-L ." switch is needed.
38
39 Jacques Landru
44 -----oOo-----
45 Jacques Landru