From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Virtual PC
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:27:21
1 On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 14:15 -0500, Kessler, Paul wrote:
2 > I know this is a bit sick in a way, but has anyone tried running a
3 > LiveCD build under MS Virtual PC? I have a college professor friend
4 > that would like to try my build, however when he loads the vpc the iso
5 > seems to boot just fine up until the desktop loads. After that the
6 > screen goes crazy. I have never used vpc so I’m not really even sure
7 > where to start. Any suggestions?
8
9 VMWare Player... :P
10
11 I would suspect Virtual PC is doing something funky with regards to the
12 video that the LiveCD isn't understanding. Unfortunately, Virtual PC
13 doesn't exactly run on Linux, so you definitely won't be able to get any
14 help from me on it.
17 Chris Gianelloni
18 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
19 x86 Architecture Team