From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] genkernel kernel location and version
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:21:01
1 Ramon van Alteren wrote:
2 > Hi List,
5 > I'm using catalyst to build stage4 system images for our cluster.
6 > So far this has worked great for us.
7 >
8 > I do have two questions.
9 >
10 > Right now the only kernel references in our specfile is:
11 > boot/kernel/gentoo/sources: =sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-<version>
12 >
13 > At the end of the boot process I'm left with two problems:
14 >
15 > * /usr/src/linux points to /tmp/kerncache/gentoo/usr/src/linux
16
17 This directory (/tmp/kerncache/) only serves as a mount point for the bind-mount
19
20 > This dir doesn't exist anymore because we clean /tmp both at the
21 > end of the stage4 building and on reboots.
22 >
23 > * The gentoo-sources-<version> dir is missing from /usr/src.
24
25 That's because that's emerged into the kerncache directory and built there.
26
27 > For some reason I do have the latest gentoo-sources du jour there,
28 > depending on latest stable.
29 > But not the kernel-source we specified in boot/kernel/gentoo/sources
30 > in the specfile.
31 >
32 > Are there any known workarounds or features to the get the desired
33 > behaviour (kernel-<version> source in /usr/src and correct
34 > /usr/src/linux symlink)?
35
36 You may have to use an overlay (or is it root_overlay?) to get the desired
37 result. However, someone may have a better suggestion. I've never used the
38 stage4 target myself.
41 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
42 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
43 --
44 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list