From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] xorg starting wrong user permissions.
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 22:57:07
1 Caleb Cushing wrote:
2 > I created a custom auto-logon user. however X complains that the files
3 > in the user's home directory aren't owned by him. how should I get these
4 > files to be owned or at leas writeable by the user? the directory and
5 > all files are owned by root.
6
7 I assume you are putting these files on the CD using root_overlay. I just ran
8 into the same problem last night. When catalyst copies the files into the
9 chroot, it copies them with the same permissions.
10
11 You have two options: 1) 'chown -R 1000:users' the stuff in the root_overlay dir
12 (the first user created in the chroot will have the uid 1000), or 2) run 'chown
13 -R youruser:users /home/youruser' in a fsscript.
16 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
17 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
18 --
19 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list