From: Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] xorg starting wrong user permissions.
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 00:19:37
1 yeah I'm trying the second one but they aren't in my root overlay. they
2 might be in /etc/skel but they are created when the user is.
3
4 On 8/23/06, Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o> wrote:
5 >
6 > Caleb Cushing wrote:
7 > > I created a custom auto-logon user. however X complains that the files
8 > > in the user's home directory aren't owned by him. how should I get these
9 > > files to be owned or at leas writeable by the user? the directory and
10 > > all files are owned by root.
11 >
12 > I assume you are putting these files on the CD using root_overlay. I just
13 > ran
14 > into the same problem last night. When catalyst copies the files into the
15 > chroot, it copies them with the same permissions.
16 >
17 > You have two options: 1) 'chown -R 1000:users' the stuff in the
18 > root_overlay dir
19 > (the first user created in the chroot will have the uid 1000), or 2) run
20 > 'chown
21 > -R youruser:users /home/youruser' in a fsscript.
22 >
23 > --
24 > Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
25 > Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
26 > --
27 > gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list