From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] LAMP-in-a-box.
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 14:52:12
1 On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 11:21 +1100, Nathan de Vries wrote:
2 > Anyway, I have been trying to get this going for quite a while...and I'm
3 > struggling with a few concepts. First of all, how do I use a
4 > portage_overlay to mask particular packages (specifically, I would like
5
6 I wouldn't. I would just modify your portage tree before making your
7 snapshot. It'll end up being much easier.
8
9 Otherwise, you wouldn't want to use portage_overlay, but instead use
10 portage_confdir. In there, you would put a package.mask file with
11 something like ">=net-www/apache-2" in it.
12
13 > Apache1 instead of Apache2)? My other question is, when I have to specify
14 > the kernel config I will be using (boot/kernel/gentoo/config:)...what
15 > exactly do I specify? I want this liveCD to boot on pretty much any x86
16
17 You specify the location of a kernel config file. If you want it to
18 boot on pretty much any x86, then I suggest using the same config file
19 as we use on the LiveCD.
20
21 > box (I have subarch set to x86 for this reason), so shouldn't this kernel
22 > config be calculated on boot somehow? I'm also getting issues with a "loop
23 > devices" no being enabled in the kernel for some reason. Is
24 > CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=y enough?
25
26 You'll need loopback support in your local kernel, not just the build
27 kernel.
28
29 > As you can see, I'm not he sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to
30 > Linux. I'd call myself a user rather than a power user, but I'm hoping to
31 > make the switch :)
34 Chris Gianelloni
36 Games - Developer
37 Gentoo Linux