From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] custom gentoo installer
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 12:29:15
1 Rénszarv Lapföldi wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I would like to create a simple custom installer, which automaticly
5 > install a 'developer' machine, with some custom package (eclipse,
6 > mysql, firefox, openoffice-bin), preferrably from binary packages, for
7 > fast install. Unfortunately the documentation of catalyst is parse,
8 > (somewhere it's explicitly declared as 'obsolete' or 'outdated') and I
9 > can't found any simple tutorial which command to execute.
10 > Is it possible with catalyst? If yes, how? The files at
11 > /usr/share/doc/catalyst- 2.0.2/examples were not very helpful. For me,
12 > it's not clear what to modify and how.
13
14 Catalyst has very little to do with the installer. If you want to modify the
15 installer, you are completely on your own.
18 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
19 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
20 --
21 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list