From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [rfc] Deleting catalyst 3.x code (was Fwd: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Migrating man page to asciidoc?)
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 00:22:48
1 Second try as a new thread:
4 On 06/27/2011 05:58 AM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
5 > We use 2.0.6.916 on official releng releases.
6 > I tried 9999 on my private tests because [..]
7
8 To me that leaves the question who uses 9999 for serious stuff at all.
9 In case it's no one (which we should find out) we could trash that
10 branch and fully concentrate on calalyst_2.
11
12 I guess that sounds a bit radical at first. It doesn't have to be a
13 quick decision. Also, version control allows us to bring it back if needed.
14
15 Ideas on find out who is using 9999:
16
17 - Removing 9999 ebuild from the tree and see who's complaining
18
19 - Resetting branch master to nothing but a README announcing
20 the possible death of that thread and a request to join
21 this mailing list and speak up about it if there is need.
22
23 - Asking on one/some/all of gentoo-dev, gentoo-user, gentoo forums,
24 planet gentoo.
25
26 After such action I imagine a time window of 2 to 4 weeks to give people
27 a chance to react.
28
29 What do you think?
32 > I can confirm that the build with the master branch fails as it doesn't
33 > seem able to find the spec files or doesn't accept them - the official
34 > ones we use to build weekly releases.
35
36 That seems to further decrease the chance that someone is using 9999 for
37 real to me.
38
39 Best,
43 Sebastian