From: Bob Predaina <predaina@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Doc Question about CD Overlays
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 00:34:59
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 15:10 -0500, Jackass Project wrote:
3 >> I also have to confess that after reading the deprecated web page
4 >> documentation, the difference between livecd/root_overlay and
5 >> livecd/overlay is still somewhat vague to me.
6 >
7 > Well, livecd/overlay is for things *outside* the booted CD. They will
8 > still be available under /mnt/cdrom, however.
9 >
10 > Things in livecd/root_overlay are placed directly over the root
11 > file-system of the booted CD.
12 >
13 > Also, if you aren't using catalyst 2.0_rc*, switch now. =]
14
15 Thanks for the prompt reply. I am using 2.0 rc45.
16
17 livecd/overlay does indeed put the overlay files in /mnt/cdrom/* thanks.
18
19 livecd/root_overlay doesn't seem to be working. although the size of
20 the .ISO is increased appropriately, I still can't find the files. If
21 they're supposed to be in "/" on the Live CD, then something is amiss
22 because they don't appear to be visible.
23
24 do you have any suggestions?
25 --
26 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list