From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Doc Question about CD Overlays
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 21:20:45
1 On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 15:10 -0500, Jackass Project wrote:
2 > I also have to confess that after reading the deprecated web page
3 > documentation, the difference between livecd/root_overlay and
4 > livecd/overlay is still somewhat vague to me.
5
6 Well, livecd/overlay is for things *outside* the booted CD. They will
7 still be available under /mnt/cdrom, however.
8
9 Things in livecd/root_overlay are placed directly over the root
10 file-system of the booted CD.
11
12 Also, if you aren't using catalyst 2.0_rc*, switch now. =]
15 Chris Gianelloni
16 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
17 x86 Architecture Team
18 Games - Developer