From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Setting generation 1 and generation 2 Java VMs in stage 1
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:00:03
1 On Sat, 2006-07-29 at 22:17 -0700, Ted Kosan wrote:
2 > The problem I am encountering in stage 1 is that the Java packages need to have
3 > the generation 1 and 2 VMs set before they can compile or they will exit with
4 > an error.
5
6 By "stage 1" I am assuming that you mean livecd-stage1, right?
7
8 > Does anyone have any thoughts on how the java-config-1 and java-config-2
9 > scripts can be run after the Java VM packages have been compiled in stage 1 but
10 > before the Java packages that depend on them are compiled?
11
12 Simple. Don't use a stage3 tarball as your seed, but instead a stage4.
13 It means you'll have one more step, but it would essentially go like
14 this:
15
16 Use a stage3 for your seed for your stage4. In your stage4, you list
17 the java packages. Don't bother with any of the other stuff like any of
18 the kernel settings (in other words, remove them from your spec). You
19 will then have the option of using "stage4/fsscript" to run anything
20 that you wish. Run your java configuration. Once this is completed,
21 you will have a stage4 tarball to use as your livecd-stage1 seed stage
22 which will have java pre-configured.
25 Chris Gianelloni
26 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
27 x86 Architecture Team