From: Ted Kosan <tkosan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Setting generation 1 and generation 2 Java VMs in stage 1
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 05:18:05
1 I am creating a LiveCD using Catalyst 2.0_rc49 and I am including some Java
2 packages on it. The Gentoo Java group just finished migrating to the following
3 new way to handle Java packages:
4
5 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/java/java-upgrade.xml
6
7 and the new way requires that a script be run after installing the generation 1
8 and generation 2 VMs. Here is an example of setting the generation 1 and 2
9 VMs:
10
11 java-config-1 --set-system-vm <choice of vm>
12
13 java-config-2 --set-user-vm <choice of vm>
16 The problem I am encountering in stage 1 is that the Java packages need to have
17 the generation 1 and 2 VMs set before they can compile or they will exit with
18 an error.
19
20 Does anyone have any thoughts on how the java-config-1 and java-config-2
21 scripts can be run after the Java VM packages have been compiled in stage 1 but
22 before the Java packages that depend on them are compiled?
23
24 Thanks,
25
26 Ted