From: Joshua Nichols <nichoj@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Setting generation 1 and generation 2 Java VMs in stage 1
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 21:38:35
1 Ted Kosan wrote:
2 > I am creating a LiveCD using Catalyst 2.0_rc49 and I am including some Java
3 > packages on it. The Gentoo Java group just finished migrating to the following
4 > new way to handle Java packages:
5 >
6 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/java/java-upgrade.xml
7 >
8 > and the new way requires that a script be run after installing the generation 1
9 > and generation 2 VMs. Here is an example of setting the generation 1 and 2
10 > VMs:
11 >
12 > java-config-1 --set-system-vm <choice of vm>
13 >
14 > java-config-2 --set-user-vm <choice of vm>
17 Actually, during a fresh install, installing a JDK will set the itself
18 as the system-vm for you, so you shouldn't have to set it yourself.
19 > The problem I am encountering in stage 1 is that the Java packages need to have
20 > the generation 1 and 2 VMs set before they can compile or they will exit with
21 > an error.
22 >
23 > Does anyone have any thoughts on how the java-config-1 and java-config-2
24 > scripts can be run after the Java VM packages have been compiled in stage 1 but
25 > before the Java packages that depend on them are compiled?
29 Joshua Nichols
30 Gentoo/Java - Project Lead
33 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list