From: Ted Kosan <tkosan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Re: Setting generation 1 and generation 2 Java VMs in stage 1
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 22:20:22
1 Joshua wrote:
2
3 > Actually, during a fresh install, installing a JDK will set the itself
4 > as the system-vm for you, so you shouldn't have to set it yourself.
5
6 After experimenting with the various suggestions that Andrew and Chris
7 submitted ( and learning more about how Catalyst works in the process ) I
8 finally figured out that the JDK package was designed to install itself as the
9 system-vm in the first place.
10
11 I eventually discovered that I did not have the package.keywords file in my
12 portage-overlay configured correctly with the packages given on the
13 java-upgrade page.
14
15 The Java applications on my LiveCD are working fine now :-)
16
17 Thanks,
18
19 Ted Kosan