From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Re: Re: minimal install on usb key
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 14:05:11
1 On Sun, 2005-06-26 at 13:24 -0400, Christophe PEREZ wrote:
2 > I think I understand that, but, so, how is it possible they are both in
3 > the specs which provided install-minimal iso ?
4
5 Having the same spec file is *not* the same as duplicating my work. You
6 also need the exact same snapshot, as we tend to make slight snapshot
7 modifications for the releases. You can get the snapshot,
8 portage-20050303.tar.bz2, from /releases/snapshot/2005.0 on your
9 favorite Gentoo mirror.
10
11 > Ah !
12 > In fact, I forgot this question before :
13 > How to specify a particular USE ou other flag for only one package in
14 > catalyst like in /etc/portage/package.* ?
15
16 While it can be done using portage_confdir, I highly recommend against
17 it.
18
19 > thank you for your help, but I don't really know what I have to do to
20 > build my own install-x86-minimal-2005.0.iso similar to the original.
21
22 To duplicate my work, you need an identical environment, not similar.
23
24 > I'll stop to post here because I have always the same problem, I don't
25 > understand answers... but, it's my fault.
26
27 You just need to ask more questions, honestly. It might also help to
28 search the archives, since most of these questions pop up over and over
29 again.
32 Chris Gianelloni
34 Games - Developer
35 Gentoo Linux