From: Christophe PEREZ <christophe.perez@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Re: minimal install on usb key
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 04:39:09
1 Le Mon, 27 Jun 2005 10:04:44 -0400, Chris Gianelloni a écrit :
2
3 > Having the same spec file is *not* the same as duplicating my work. You
4 > also need the exact same snapshot, as we tend to make slight snapshot
5 > modifications for the releases.
6
7 Yes, of course.
8
9 > You can get the snapshot,
10 > portage-20050303.tar.bz2, from /releases/snapshot/2005.0 on your
11 > favorite Gentoo mirror.
12
13 But, I prefere to have to system 'uptodate'.
14 For the moment, I just removed ipw2100 because I didn't really knew what
15 to do.
16
17 > While it can be done using portage_confdir, I highly recommend against
18 > it.
19
20 I don't find this option anywhere !
21
22 > To duplicate my work, you need an identical environment, not similar.
23
24 Ok, clear now...
25
26 > You just need to ask more questions, honestly.
27
28 Are you sure you want to see me here everyday ? ;-)
29
30 > It might also help to
31 > search the archives, since most of these questions pop up over and over
32 > again.
33
34 I always have :
35 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/catalyst/1.x/reference.xml
36 http://dev.gentoo.org/~citizen428/hypermail/gentoo-catalyst/thread.html
37 and others from forum opened in my firefox ;-)
38 I always search before asking here.
39 But, often, I don't understand the answers, or, I don't find the same
40 problem as mine.
41
42 I have now my own install-minimal-20050627.iso, and I wrote a script
43 to concert it automaticaly in a liveusb, booting with grub, splash etc...
44 I'm really happy !
45
46 I'll try now to make some builds more difficult, but for that, I first
47 need to know how to affect USES to my packages.
50 Christophe PEREZ
51 --
52 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list