From: Ryan Lynch <rlynch@××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Can't set LiveCD MOTD
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:22:30
1 On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:10:01 -0400
2 Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 17:51 -0400, Ryan Lynch wrote:
5 > > I'm building a livecd for a project I'm working on, and I'm trying to use a custom MOTD. I'm using the default runscript, and I've added this line to my stage 2 specfile:
6 > > livecd/motd: /root/livecd/motd.txt
7 > > However, each time I create an ISO, /etc/motd is blank. Any thoughts?
8 >
9 > Well, the code from livecd/runscript/default-runscript.sh responsible
10 > for this little snippet is:
11 >
12 > # move over the motd (if applicable)
13 > if [ -n "${clst_livecd_motd}" ]
14 > then
15 > cp -a ${clst_livecd_motd} ${clst_chroot_path}/etc/motd
16 > else
17 > ...
18 > fi
19 >
20 > It should be copying your file verbatim.
21 >
22 > Are you seeing any error messages?
23 >
24 > --
25 > Chris Gianelloni
26 > Release Engineering - Strategic Lead/QA Manager
27 > Games - Developer
28 > Gentoo Linux
29 I don't see any error messages at all. In fact I even tried going into the runscript, commenting out that section and just putting in "cp -a /root/livecd/motd.txt ${clst_chroot_path}/etc/motd", and I stll came up with a blank motd. Anyway, I'll try it out with this new version of catalyst, and see if anything is different.
30 --
31 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list