From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Can't set LiveCD MOTD
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:10:10
1 On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 17:51 -0400, Ryan Lynch wrote:
2 > I'm building a livecd for a project I'm working on, and I'm trying to use a custom MOTD. I'm using the default runscript, and I've added this line to my stage 2 specfile:
3 > livecd/motd: /root/livecd/motd.txt
4 > However, each time I create an ISO, /etc/motd is blank. Any thoughts?
5
6 Well, the code from livecd/runscript/default-runscript.sh responsible
7 for this little snippet is:
8
9 # move over the motd (if applicable)
10 if [ -n "${clst_livecd_motd}" ]
11 then
12 cp -a ${clst_livecd_motd} ${clst_chroot_path}/etc/motd
13 else
14 ...
15 fi
16
17 It should be copying your file verbatim.
18
19 Are you seeing any error messages?
22 Chris Gianelloni
24 Games - Developer