From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Problem with NMAP
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 15:42:29
1 On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 11:15 -0400, derek tracy wrote:
2 > Please correct me if I am wrong, but to solve your problem I would
3 > just create a package.keywords file to unmask libstdc++-v3 in your
4 > portage_conf directory. Read the examples that get emerged with
5 > catalyst if you need further help I can walk you through it but all
6 > documentation is included with catalyst.
7
8 Yeah, your could use portage_conf instead. It is a directory of files
9 that follows the same exact syntax/usage as /etc/portage does for a
10 Gentoo system.
11
12 I never use it, because we don't use that option in building official
13 release media, but it would work just as well.
14
15 > I beleive that the perk to rolling your own portage snapshot is that
16 > you can include your portage_overlay that you have setup on the
17 > computer that you are building the livecd from.
18
19 Correct.
20
21 > I have sys-kernel/love-sources on my host computer's portage overlay
22 > directory and when I roll my own portage snapshot it includes that
23 > along with the normal portage snapshot.
24
25 Eww... love-sources? I hope you wash your hands after touching that
26 thing... ;]
29 Chris Gianelloni
31 Games - Developer
32 Gentoo Linux