From: Christophe PEREZ <christophe.perez@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Re: Re: problem with distcc
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:36:57
1 Le Tue, 11 Apr 2006 15:12:13 -0500, Andrew Gaffney a écrit :
2
3 > You know, it doesn't make much sense to build an up to date stage1. A stage1
4 > install recompiles everything anyway, so why not just use the 2006.0 stage1 tarball?
5
6 I know, but :
7 1) as you could read, I didn't find a another solution
8 2) if I want a portage uptodate, I don't have another choice, no ?
9
10 > As for your actual problem, it's because you're using a i586-pc-linux-gnu CHOST
11 > for the catalyst build while (I bet) all of your distcc helpers are
12 > i686-pc-linux-gnu.
13
14 Yes.
15
16 > When the build is distributed, it'll look for
17 > i586-pc-linux-gnu-gcc, which won't exist on the helpers, which will return a
18 > code 110.
19
20 And the solution is ?
23 Christophe PEREZ