From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Re: problem with distcc
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:12:16
1 Christophe PEREZ wrote:
2 > Le Tue, 11 Apr 2006 15:35:57 -0400, Christophe PEREZ a écrit :
3 >
4 >> I ask all of that because that's how I started yesterday, but stage1 build
5 >> failed during the night...
6 >
7 > I tried again, with
8 > # cat stage1-060410.spec
9 > subarch: i586
10 > target: stage1
11
12 You know, it doesn't make much sense to build an up to date stage1. A stage1
13 install recompiles everything anyway, so why not just use the 2006.0 stage1 tarball?
14
15 As for your actual problem, it's because you're using a i586-pc-linux-gnu CHOST
16 for the catalyst build while (I bet) all of your distcc helpers are
17 i686-pc-linux-gnu. When the build is distributed, it'll look for
18 i586-pc-linux-gnu-gcc, which won't exist on the helpers, which will return a
19 code 110.
22 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
23 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
26 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list