From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Catalyst 2.0.6_pre9 mksquashfs hangs building squashfs + solution
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 00:05:59
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 22:58 +0100, Pongracz Istvan wrote:
3 >> Probably the situation is not the same, I did not compared it to my
4 >> version (3.3).
5 >
6 > This also happens if you're using mksquashfs 3.3 and trying to make a
7 > 3.1 squashfs, like would be done if your kernel is 2.6.23 and you're
8 > using ~arch on your build machine. We *want* the sparse option, so the
9 > "fix" is to use the right version of mksquashfs for the kernel you're
10 > building/deploying.
11
12 Eh, he was talking about mksquashfs hanging while creating the squashfs image,
13 not about the kernel freaking out while trying to mount it.
16 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
17 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
18 --
19 gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o mailing list