From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] GSOC: Making the cluster LiveCD bootable from USB
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 17:52:04
1 Tom Stellard wrote:
2 > For Google Summer of Code, I am interested in working on a project to
3 > make the current Gentoo cluster LiveCD bootable from a USB device. I
4 > have been using catalyst to build the current version of the LiveCD,
5 > so I can test it out, and I have a few questions:
6 >
7 > It was mentioned on the gentoo-soc list that the next version of
8 > catalyst would allow you to build stages 1-4 with only one call. Is
9 > this feature planned, and if so what is the current progress?
10
11 This is a planned feature for catalyst 3.x, which I have started work on, but
12 it's not ready for use yet.
13
14 > When catalyst is building a stage, is there a way to execute a script
15 > after catalyst has entered the chroot environment to do something like
16 > mount tmpfs on /var/tmp/portage?
17
18 No. However, I'm entertaining the idea for catalyst 3.x.
21 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
22 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Genkernel + Release Engineering Lead