From: Isidore Ducasse <ducasse.isidore@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] genkernel initramfs overlay older than initramfs' files
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 19:13:33
1 Hi all!
2
3 I'm trying to overwrite busybox' mount with my own static mount.
4 I use
5
6 # genkernel --initramfs-overlay=$OVERLAY initrd
7
8 to do it. OVERLAY contains bin/mount and bin/umount. Now here's a test and the output:
9
10 # zcat /boot/initramfs-genkernel-x86_64-2.6.20-gentoo | cpio -i
11
12 > cpio: bin/mount not created: newer or same age version exists
13 > 18089 blocks
14
15 and of course, it's mine that is older!
16 Is it a feature that the overlay "looks" older than initial files in the initramfs? Can't we just overwrite existing busybox links?
17
18 Besides, the initramfs prooves unusable at boottime (sorry, I don't have a screenshot: it fails on a kernel panic), while still okay to be chrooted into, when deployed as in the above test.
19 --
20 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list