From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] How use livecd/fsscript and livecd/overlay
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 19:01:28
1 On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 17:52 +0200, Luca Casagrande wrote:
2 > Hi to all!
3 > I am moving to catalyst2 and for a simple livecd it's working very well. Now i
4 > need to do some advance operation:
5 > 1) I need to copy in the apache root the folder in /home/geko/pmapper; I need
6 > to use the livecd/overlay option, but i don't understand how set the place
7 > where put the folder (in my example /var/www/localhost/ht-docs). Should I use
8 > fsscript to copy the folder?
9
10 Umm... you don't tell it where to put it... you make the overlay look
11 the same...
12
13 So you put your files in /home/geko/var/www/localhost/htdocs, instead...
14 it's an overlay.
15
16 Also, you don't want livecd/overlay, you want livecd/root_overlay.
17
18 > 2) How use fsscript to add option to kde menu?
19
20 Just like you would do it from any shell script. A fsscript is *only* a
21 shell script. It is copied and executed by catalyst near the end of
22 your build. It can really be *anything* that's executable.
23
24 For a KDE menu entry, I wouldn't waste my time with a fsscript and would
25 instead build the .desktop file, then put it in livecd/root_overlay in
26 the correct location, instead.
29 Chris Gianelloni
30 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
31 x86 Architecture Team