From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Too many problems with groupadd when creating stage3
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 01:46:06
1 On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 13:52 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Thursday 15 October 2009 13:50:40 Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > or just fix catalyst
4 >
5 > erm, that's probably wrong. catalyst does what it's told as directed by the
6 > portage tree profiles. so the profiles probably need tweaking to produce a
7 > sane stage2.
8
9 Tried it. If you'd prefer, I can pull up the list of bugs where we hit
10 this on nearly every release, but since a viable solution was never
11 reached, I don't see how it would help.
12
13 Our main "fix" was to not build stages for desktop profiles, or to use a
14 complete stage3 tarball as input for another stage3, but that's equally
15 as broken.
16
17 I'd *gladly* fix catalyst to work around this, if I had a clue how to do
18 so. Hacking profiles ended up yielding nothing workable, just so
19 everyone knows.
22 Chris Gianelloni
23 Developer
24 wolf31o2.org