From: Luca Casagrande <luca.casagrande@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] VIA Graphic card and Xorg.conf
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 14:55:10
1 Thanks for your answer Andrew...
2 I made some test using the live cd 2006 and i noticed that the same card is
3 recognized, but the driver is set to VESA. Is there a way to have this
4 feature also on my LIVE?
5
6 Bye
7 Luca
8
9 On 5/2/06, Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o> wrote:
10 >
11 > Luca Casagrande wrote:
12 > > Hi folks..
13 > > I have menaged to run my livedistro on some pc (all with nvidia cards),
14 > and it
15 > > works very fine. The problem is when the autoconfig script detect a VIA
16 > > Graphic card, and x-setup set via as graphic driver: xorg doesn't start.
17 > > If i change it to vesa, all is working fine.
18 > > How can i solve this?
19 >
20 > Determine *why* X won't start, and then submit a patch for x-setup to
21 > configure
22 > X properly :)
23 >
24 > --
25 > Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
26 > Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
27 >
28 > --
29 > gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list