From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] VIA Graphic card and Xorg.conf
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 17:41:34
1 On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 14:54 +0000, Luca Casagrande wrote:
2 > Thanks for your answer Andrew...
3 > I made some test using the live cd 2006 and i noticed that the same
4 > card is recognized, but the driver is set to VESA. Is there a way to
5 > have this feature also on my LIVE?
6
7 Use hwsetup 1.0 instead of 1.1, as I "fixed" it in 1.1 to use the
8 correct driver. The 1.0 hwsetup wasn't "fixed" in any way. Either
9 that, or you can revert my recent changes in the tree by pullign an
10 older revision of the hwsetup-1.1-gentoo.patch file from our viewcvs and
11 replacing the one in your snapshot.
12
13 This is actually an area that I've been testing on fairly recently, so
14 I'm not reverting it in the tree, but rather trying to fix it properly.
17 > Bye
18 > Luca
19 >