From: Nelson Batalha <nelson_batalha@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Some easy sugestions to implement, I hope
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 00:11:21
1 >The ideal is to have a perfectly working snapshot with no errors in
2 >it. ;]
3
4 lol, sure is.
5
6 >We take a given snapshot and modify it to suit our needs.
7
8 Ok, so we're fixing the same problem with different aproaches. Thing is
9 they're both workarounds right? I'm just so tired of writting new snapshots,
10 but when the packages are built I guess it'll save a lot of time later.
11
12 So you're focusing catalyst developing to your releases, fair enough. But if
13 you change your mind later it'll be harder to go back :P
14
15 Hey, how about sharing portage snapshots? Not just yours (those on the
16 sources?), but make a repository for different types of builds. Anyone
17 interested in starting this? I have a masters to finish, but i'll give a try
18 if necessary :S.
19
20 >I'm replying from a "Chili's" in the George Bush International Airport in
21 >Houston, Texas as I'm on my way to California for a job interview.
22 >You can't say I'm not dedicated... :P
23
24 Lol, don't forget to make a livecd w/ presentation, cv, etc ;). Good luck
25 man!
26
28 Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!
29 http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/
32 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list