From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] When you are right you are right
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 14:03:59
1 Kessler, Paul wrote:
2 > Ok this might seem like a stupid question. But will sudo effect items in
3 > the menu, or will anything that requires the elevated privilege require
4 > execution from a command line? If it will not work that way is my only
5 > option to edit the command preferences in the menu to execute through
6 > sudo? I know that sounds crazy and maybe I am not verbalizing it well,
7 > but I have never used sudo outside of anything but a plain shell.
8
9 You will need to edit the menu entry to run the command through sudo. It's not
10 automatic. The menu entries are probably just .desktop files (just a guess),
11 which you can easily hack up with sed in your fsscript.
14 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
15 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
18 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list