From: "M. Edward Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-catalyst@g.o
Cc: wolf31o2@g.o, gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Wishlist for 2005
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:46:56
1 On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 23:02 -0800, David Bryson wrote:
2 > On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 10:18:30AM -0500 or thereabouts, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 > > To go along with it, I think I am going to break up the cdtar stuff and
4 > > start having catalyst build them (and cache them) instead. This allows
5 > > us to create either isolinux or grub-based LiveCD images, and also
6 > > allows for things like pxelinux-based images.
9 > I want to know what is meant here by 'grub' support. Catalyst is used
10 > to build stages. So how would grub come in useful ? Most of the time
11 > you are not even building the stage on the same system you will be
12 > deploying it on.
13
14 I believe "Kanotix",a Knoppix derivative, comes up in Grub and offers a
15 really fancy menu as a result. I just booted Kanotix last night, by
16 coincidence. It's rather non-intuitive if you're used to something else,
17 though. It always takes me a while to figure out how to add my vsync and
18 screen size to the kernel boot parameters; Knoppix can't figure my
19 monitor out for some reason and gives me a "warped" screen if I don't
20 supply those values.
23 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list