From: Robert Paskowitz <rpaskowitz@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Patch for targets/livecd-stage1/livecd-stage1-chroot.sh
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:48:36
1 >> 1) Changes USE_ORDER so that /etc/portage/package.use can be used.
2 >
3 > Are you taking into account the portage_confdir spec file option?
4
5 My understanding of portage_confdir is that a directory on the build
6 system is copied into the chroot as [chroot]/etc/portage. Changing the
7 USE_ORDER occurs within the chroot so that per-package flags are
8 respected. The actual location of the portage_confdir should have no
9 bearing on this. Also, a quick grep through the source shows that this
10 should be changed in 6 locations. If it's fine to make this change, I'll
11 create the patch.
12
13 Also, this 'fixes' catalyst so that the answer in the FAQ to "Q: Where do
14 I put per-package use flags, mask settings, etc.?" is true for use flags.
15
16 Robert
19 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list