From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Patch for targets/livecd-stage1/livecd-stage1-chroot.sh
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:26:44
1 On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 13:40 -0500, Robert Paskowitz wrote:
2 > Please find attached a patch for
3 > targets/livecd-stage1/livecd-stage1-chroot.sh. It does a few things:
4 >
5 > 1) Changes USE_ORDER so that /etc/portage/package.use can be used.
6
7 Are you taking into account the portage_confdir spec file option?
8
9 > 2) Changes the behavior of 'verbose' mode, so that instead of a 15 second
10 > delay, the user is prompted for input. I just realized this may not be
11 > desired, as it would ruin automated builds, but for someone that wants to
12 > see the package list, 15 seconds is generally not enough. Perhaps this
13 > could be controled by different levels of verbosity, or another options?
14
15 I really would prefer to leave this alone for now. I'll think about
16 finding another solution. I'm always welcome to ideas, but anything
17 that breaks automatic builds is an absolute no.
18
19 > 3) Kills all 'gconfd-2' processes. On a LiveCD that contains X and gnome
20 > components, gconfd-2 somehow manages to start, and with it running, when
21 > the target tries to unmount all the bind mounts, it fails. This allows it
22 > to complete succesfully.
25 Chris Gianelloni
27 Games - Developer
28 Gentoo Linux