From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Wishlist for 2005
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:00:17
1 On Sun, 2005-01-09 at 16:57 -0300, Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman wrote:
2 > Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 > > No offense meant by this, but how exactly would a gui be better than
4 > > "catalyst -f spec.file"?
5 >
6 > I think he means a GUI to create spec files, probably something like a n-step wizard. Sounds good to
7 > me... well, I'm more of a no framebuffer / no X11 user/admin/developer, but many people wil benefit
8 > from it. (By learning how to make spec files from the ground up, withouth having to read splattered
9 > doc from multi places).
10
11 I'll be honest with you on this one. For now, I can guarantee you that
12 catalyst is changing a bit too rapidly for this to really be possible.
13 Not to mention the sheer number of possible options for certain targets
14 (livecd-stage2 comes to mind) would make it near impossible to use any
15 form of guided format.
16
17 Once things stabilize a good bit, it might be easier.
20 Chris Gianelloni
21 Release Engineering - Operational/QA Manager
22 Games - Developer
23 Gentoo Linux