From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] catalyst wants to build kazehakase against firefox even with xulrunner flag set
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 02:22:40
1 On Sun, 2007-02-25 at 16:51 +0100, ducasse.isidore@×××××.com wrote:
2 > I succeeded in building kazehakase against xulrunner libs on my x86_64 station. But catalyst on the same system pulls in firefox systematically when the livecd-stage1.spec file mentions kazehakase, even if it contains the xulrunner USE flag.
3 >
4 > This is amazing since almost nothing change between both: mainly, catalyst refused to use amd64 so I had to switch to subarch=athlon-xp ; and my livecd uses the 2007.1 profile. Can any of those two differences be of incidence to my problem? _why_?
5
6 It's either a problem in your configuration or a bug in the package.
7 All catalyst does is call portage, anyway.
8
9 As for using the 2007.0 profile... Don't... ever. Never use a profile
10 that isn't released, as they're likely to be screwed up at any point in
11 time, since we're testing them and expect anyone using them to be
12 developers, capable of fixing bugs themselves (including commits... ;] )
15 Chris Gianelloni
16 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
17 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
18 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
19 Gentoo Foundation