From: Derek Davis <derek.davis@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] HPPA catalyst liveCD won't boot
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 16:15:01
1 On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 10:54:49AM -0500, Andrew Gaffney said:
2 > Derek Davis wrote:
3 >> I'm trying to make an HPPA live CD using catalyst, but it seems that
4 >> nothing is working correctly for me. The main problem that I'm running
5 >> into now is that when I try to boot, palo says that it can't find any
6 >> 32-bit kernels. I've even gone so far as to grab the kernel right from
7 >> the working Gentoo liveCD, and I still get the same error, so I'm
8 >> figuring that my problem is either how I'm making the iso or how I'm
9 >> running palo on the iso, but both of those commands I pulled right from
10 >> catalyst.
11 >
12 > First you say you're using catalyst and then you say that you're running
13 > commands by hand that you copied from catalyst. Which is it?
14
15 A bit of both. I run catalyst entirely, except for mksquashfs since that
16 was hanging. For that, I copy the contents to another machine, make the
17 squashfs, then copy it back. Everything else was run from within
18 catalyst. However, I also sometimes ran the last two commands (mkisofs
19 and palo) by hand just so that I could make quick changes to the ISO
20 without re-running catalyst, since my build machine is extremely slow.
21
22 Derek