From: Luca Casagrande <luca.casagrande@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Stage2 spec and source_subpath var
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 21:35:59
1 Alle 23:28, domenica 23 luglio 2006, Andrew Gaffney ha scritto:
2 > Luca Casagrande wrote:
3 > > Alle 22:12, domenica 23 luglio 2006, Andrew Gaffney ha scritto:
4 > >> Luca Casagrande wrote:
5 > >>> Hi to all!
6 > >>> Sorry for my stupid question, but i am moving to catalyst 2.0..the
7 > >>> directory to set source_subpath in the spec file, it's the one where i
8 > >>> extracted the stage2 files? After chroot in it, can i add file,
9 > >>> packages, etc to customize my livecd?
10 > >>
11 > >> First, why are you extracting anything by hand? Second, why are you
12 > >> messing with a stage2 in order to customize a LiveCD? What exactly are
13 > >> you trying to do here?
14 > >
15 > > Hi Andrew and thx for your answer!
16 > > I have built some live cd in the past using my gentoo install with
17 > > livecd-tools of knoppix, but now i wanna use catalyst...
18 > > Right now, for testing purpose, i wanna create a cd with some apps that
19 > > are on portage plus some files (data sample file to use with those apps).
20 > > So I unpacked the stage2 file, chroot inside it,merged all the package
21 > > that i need and copied all file inside home folder (after adding a user).
22 > > I thought that after this, i should run catalyst wich use my chroot as
23 > > the livecd system...am I missing something?
24 >
25 > This is exactly the kind of thing catalyst is designed to do. If you're
26 > going to use catalyst, why not actually let it do its job? You can add
27 > packages into the livecd environment by adding them to 'livecd/packages' in
28 > your
29 > livecd-stage1.spec. In livecd-stage2, you can add users, run a custom
30 > script (called the fsscript) to make other modifications, apply an overlay
31 > of files into the squashfs or the ISO root, and other assorted fun things.
32
33 I don't understand how add package in a livecd-stage2.. in the livecd-stage1 i
34 have found the livecd/packages var, but not in the stage2.
35 You mean, that first i need to run catalyst with the livecd-stage1 spec and
36 then the stage2?
37
38 Thanks
39 Luca
42 "Chiunque può simpatizzare col dolore di un amico, ma solo chi ha un animo
43 nobile riesce a simpatizzare col successo di un amico (Oscar Wilde)"
44
45 LINUX User #411601
46 jabber: casagrande@××××××××××××.it
51 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list