From: Greg Fitzgerald <netzdamon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] livecd stage1 kernel .config
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 20:28:53
1 On 1:52 PM - Monday, January 7, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2
3 > Greg Fitzgerald wrote:
4 >> I went and created stages 1-3 and I am now working on my livecd stage1.
5 >> My spec file is as follows:
6 >> subarch: amd64
7 >> version_stamp: installer-2007.0
8 >> target: livecd-stage1
9 >> rel_type: default
10 >> profile: default-linux/amd64/2007.0/desktop
11 >> snapshot: 20080104 source_subpath: default/stage3-amd64-20080104
12 >> livecd/use:
13 >> branding
14 >> livecd
15 >> socks5
16 >> livecd/packages:
17 >> --- lots of packages here ---
18 >> It compiles around 400 packages then dies on gnome-menus which requires a
19 >> .config file in my kernel sources directory. Wondering how to solve this
20 >> issue. I am new to making a livecd with catalyst, but my understanding is
21 >> you set the .config file for your kernel in your livecd stage2. I tried
22 >> to copy it to the livecd cache directory under /usr/src/linux and starting
23 >> again with -a but it appears to get deleted when I start again. Can anyone
24 >> let me know how I should proceed from here?
25 >
26 > There are a couple of ways around this, but you probably won't like any of
27 > them.
28 >
29 > 1) switch to xfce4, which doesn't bring in gnome-menus (the way I'd go)
30 > 2) modify the ebuild in your snapshot to bypass the kernel feature check
31 > 3) modify linux-info.eclass in your snapshot to not fail like this
32 > 4) give up
33 >
34 > --
35 > Andrew Gaffney
36 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
37 > Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release
38 > coordinator
39 > --
40 > gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o mailing list
43 Well I actually don't even have xfce in my list period actually. Nor do
44 I have gnome. Trying to find out what actually wants to pull in gnome
45 menu right now. I am trying to build the cd so that It boots into
46 console and you could run startx and go into openbox if you wanted to.
47 That is my goal. Enclosing my package list maybe someone can tell me
48 what would even be trying to pull in gnome-menu. In the mean time I'll
49 probably modify the ebuild in my snapshot, hopefully next time I'm
50 working on this I can avoid doing that though.
51
52 Below is my package list. Anyone see something that would be pulling in gnome-menus
53 that I am missing? I tried to clean out items that would pull in to many
54 gnome items right from the start considering I just wanted to go with openbox,
55 and firefox, thunderbird, for now. Must have something though that still needs
56 gnome-menu or the default use flags are causing it to be brought in.
57
58 livecd/packages:
59 app-admin/ide-smart
60 app-admin/logrotate