From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] livecd stage1 kernel .config
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 20:06:14
1 Greg Fitzgerald wrote:
2 > I went and created stages 1-3 and I am now working on my livecd stage1.
3 >
4 > My spec file is as follows:
5 >
6 > subarch: amd64
7 > version_stamp: installer-2007.0
8 > target: livecd-stage1
9 > rel_type: default
10 > profile: default-linux/amd64/2007.0/desktop
11 > snapshot: 20080104
12 > source_subpath: default/stage3-amd64-20080104
13 >
14 > livecd/use:
15 > branding
16 > livecd
17 > socks5
18 >
19 > livecd/packages:
20 > --- lots of packages here ---
21 >
22 > It compiles around 400 packages then dies on gnome-menus which requires a
23 > .config file in my kernel sources directory. Wondering how to solve this
24 > issue. I am new to making a livecd with catalyst, but my understanding is
25 > you set the .config file for your kernel in your livecd stage2. I tried
26 > to copy it to the livecd cache directory under /usr/src/linux and starting
27 > again with -a but it appears to get deleted when I start again. Can anyone
28 > let me know how I should proceed from here?
29
30 There are a couple of ways around this, but you probably won't like any of them.
31
32 1) switch to xfce4, which doesn't bring in gnome-menus (the way I'd go)
33 2) modify the ebuild in your snapshot to bypass the kernel feature check
34 3) modify linux-info.eclass in your snapshot to not fail like this
35 4) give up
38 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
39 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
40 --
41 gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o mailing list