From: Luca Casagrande <luca.casagrande@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Stage2 spec and source_subpath var
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 21:21:41
1 Alle 22:12, domenica 23 luglio 2006, Andrew Gaffney ha scritto:
2 > Luca Casagrande wrote:
3 > > Hi to all!
4 > > Sorry for my stupid question, but i am moving to catalyst 2.0..the
5 > > directory to set source_subpath in the spec file, it's the one where i
6 > > extracted the stage2 files? After chroot in it, can i add file, packages,
7 > > etc to customize my livecd?
8 >
9 > First, why are you extracting anything by hand? Second, why are you messing
10 > with a stage2 in order to customize a LiveCD? What exactly are you trying
11 > to do here?
12
13 Hi Andrew and thx for your answer!
14 I have built some live cd in the past using my gentoo install with
15 livecd-tools of knoppix, but now i wanna use catalyst...
16 Right now, for testing purpose, i wanna create a cd with some apps that are on
17 portage plus some files (data sample file to use with those apps). So I
18 unpacked the stage2 file, chroot inside it,merged all the package that i need
19 and copied all file inside home folder (after adding a user).
20 I thought that after this, i should run catalyst wich use my chroot as the
21 livecd system...am I missing something?
22
23 Thx for your help
24 Luca
27 "Chiunque può simpatizzare col dolore di un amico, ma solo chi ha un animo
28 nobile riesce a simpatizzare col successo di un amico (Oscar Wilde)"
29
30 LINUX User #411601
31 jabber: casagrande@××××××××××××.it
36 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list