From: Paul Smith <psmith@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Seeing devices during initrd
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 16:36:47
1 %% Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> writes:
2
3 cg> udev in the initrd only loads a subset of device nodes, rather
4 cg> than them all
5
6 cg> Are you booting with doscsi?
7
8 No (I assume you mean on the kernel command line). Is this interpreted
9 by udev, or is it supposed to be examined by linuxrc?
10
11 Also, I will need support for SATA drives in the initrd as well...
12
13 cg> If so, then it should be creating device nodes for them. Anyway,
14 cg> I would recommend you testing genkernel 3.2.0_preX versions if
15 cg> you're wanting to get this fixed (if it is even an issue) before
16 cg> 3.2.0 goes final.
17
18 OK, I'll take a look at that.
22 Paul D. Smith <psmith@××××××.com> HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools
23 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
25 These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
26 --
27 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list