From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] [rfc] Compile flag derivation logic (catalyst 2.x)
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 02:12:42
1 Hello!
4 It seems that in order to get your own compile flags applied for a
5 stage3 or stage4 build you need to append a "CFLAGS=" line to
6 /etc/make.conf from within the envscript - quite a dirty workaround not
7 to mention the fact that the envscript is sourced multiple times.
8
9 This is how final CFLAGS seem to be derived (numbers indicate order so
10 higher numbers win):
11
12 Targets "stage1, "stage2"
13 1) key "CFLAGS" subarch defaults
14 2) key "CFLAGS" earlier /etc/make.conf
15 3) key "cflags" conf file
16 4) key "cflags" spec file
17
18 Targets "stage3", "stage4", "generic_stage"
19 1) key "CFLAGS" subarch defaults
20 2) key "CFLAGS" earlier /etc/make.conf
21
22 That explains why my stage4 "subarch: core2" isn't really changing
23 anything: it gets overriden by the /etc/make.conf from the stage3 I am
24 using.
25
26 Is that what you are expecting?
27
28 Is my picture broken - are you experiencing something else with your
29 stage builds?
30
31 Can you thing of reasons to not allow overriding CFLAGS and friends for
32 stage3 and stage4 builds?
33
34 Best,
38 Sebastian