From: Paul Smith <psmith@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] DEPEND/RDEPEND vs. binary packages
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 13:51:24
1 %% Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> writes:
2
3 >> As two examples: one package does an "inherit webapp", and then in
4 >> livecd-stage1, the webapp.eclass webapp_pkg_setup() function tries to
5 >> source ${ETC_CONFIG}, which is /etc/vhosts/webapp-config. But, of
6 >> course, the webapp-config package is not installed when installing
7 >> binary packages, because webapp.eclass only adds it to the DEPEND list.
8
9 cg> This is a bug in the package. It requires webapp-config to be in *both*
10 cg> DEPEND and RDEPEND.
11
12 But, then, isn't this really a bug in the webapp.eclass? The DEPEND is
13 updated there so shouldn't the RDEPEND be updated there as well?
14
15 I don't know where to file eclass bugs, though...?
19 Paul D. Smith <psmith@××××××.com> HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools
20 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
22 These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
23 --
24 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list