From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] DEPEND/RDEPEND vs. binary packages
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:09:30
1 On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 09:51 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
2 > %% Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> writes:
3 >
4 > >> As two examples: one package does an "inherit webapp", and then in
5 > >> livecd-stage1, the webapp.eclass webapp_pkg_setup() function tries to
6 > >> source ${ETC_CONFIG}, which is /etc/vhosts/webapp-config. But, of
7 > >> course, the webapp-config package is not installed when installing
8 > >> binary packages, because webapp.eclass only adds it to the DEPEND list.
9 >
10 > cg> This is a bug in the package. It requires webapp-config to be in *both*
11 > cg> DEPEND and RDEPEND.
12 >
13 > But, then, isn't this really a bug in the webapp.eclass? The DEPEND is
14 > updated there so shouldn't the RDEPEND be updated there as well?
15
16 Probably. I didn't actually look at the eclass/package. I was just
17 making a general observation.
18
19 > I don't know where to file eclass bugs, though...?
20
21 Same place as ebuild bugs, http://bugs.gentoo.org
22
23 If you don't know where to assign it, don't worry about it and let
24 bug-wranglers take care of it. I can tell you that it'll be the webapp
25 herd, though.
28 Chris Gianelloni
30 Games - Developer
31 Gentoo Linux