From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Re: Re: Re: livecd-stage1 pkgconfig
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:05:36
1 On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 13:26 -0400, Christophe PEREZ wrote:
2 > Le Tue, 12 Jul 2005 13:01:31 -0400, Chris Gianelloni a écrit :
3 >
4 > >> Use of xinitrc could be better, isn't it ?
5 > >> And xinitrc could permit to adapt better the X start for something more
6 > >> complicated than just a "su - user -c startx".
7 > >> If I want to use it, what service will be started by ?
8 > >
9 > > Umm... You're supposed to use both.
10 >
11 > Yes, but I didn't explained very well.
12 > I mean there are 2 way :
13 > - catalyst xinitrc (never used it)
14 > - root/.bashrc
15 >
16 > no ?
17
18 No. A xinitrc file is what is executed when you run "startx" from the
19 command line.
20
21 > > livecd/xinitrc:
22 >
23 > Yes, but I don't know what service excute xinitrc. xdm ?
24 > In fact, I want one user created, X started by this user at boot without
25 > session manager (xdm, kdm, gdm).
26
27 The xinitrc has nothing to do with any session management or display
28 management, but rather when calling startx.
29
30 > >> I added alsa in my kernel, alsa-utils in packages, and alsa-sound at boot..
31 > >
32 > > You probably want alsasound to start after coldplug.
33 >
34 > So I have to manually (ffscript) modify alsa-sound OR coldplug, is is true ?
35 > And if the one I choose change in the furture, my "sed" won't work anymore ?
36 > :-(
37
38 Actually, alsasound should be auto-started after coldplug with
39 livecd-tools 1.0.22 and I'll be rolling out a catalyst 1.1.10.3 soon
40 that does *not* add alsasound to any runlevel.
41
42 With catalyst 1.1.10.2, you should add alsasound to rcdel, since
43 catalyst automatically adds it if it sees it, then let autoconfig start
44 it after coldplug.
47 Chris Gianelloni
49 Games - Developer
50 Gentoo Linux