From: Michael Nygard <mtnygard@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Catalyst wishlist for 2005
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 23:56:53
1 It's a fantastic tool, very powerful, very flexible. That also makes it
2 hard to learn.
3
4 More/improved documentation. I've just spent a week getting a single
5 livecd-stage1 build done. The instructions in the howto leave a lot of
6 unanswered questions that have to be answered via trial and error. (And
7 each trial takes a looong time.)
8
9 How about an out-of-the-box configuration that either a) builds the last
10 major release or b) builds an image of exactly the current system,
11 without requiring _any_ config or spec file edits.
12
13 Thanks for all the work on catalyst! It's an amazing tool, and I
14 haven't seen anything else like it!
15
16 Cheers,
17 -Mike Nygard