From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-catalyst] Portage Overlay
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 13:02:49
1 On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 07:35 -0500, Kessler, Paul wrote:
2 > I added portdir_overlay to my make.conf on the build system and did
3 > create a new snapshot. This didn't seem to do anything at all.
4
5 Not in make.conf, in snapshot.spec... if you don't use snapshot.spec,
6 then use catalyst -s blah -C pordir_overlay=/path/to/overlay
7
8 Remember that catalyst is 100% Gentoo-agnostic (like genkernel) and
9 doesn't rely on anything "Gentoo" on your host system. In fact, it
10 *almost* runs on Mac OS X. With a few minor modifications, it does run
11 perfectly. Basically, it needs the ability to use tar, rsync, and
12 chroot to function. Hell, it could probably be made to run in Windows
13 (or at least cygwin) once I clean it up some.
16 Chris Gianelloni
18 Games - Developer
19 Gentoo Linux